Thursday, September 21, 2017

Sports Ball

     Reviewing my fantasy football team one last time before TNF. Hyde or Rodgers as my RB2? Going with my gut instinct: the venerable and well-built Mixon of the Cinci Bengals.
     The league's tough this year with our local book-keeper racking up 269.3 points after two weeks. Stole Hunt in the fourth and the rest is history.
      Cold coffee staring at my dusty Asus notebook. Seems like just yesterday I was an in-house publisher for Penguinnow I'm just a lonely transcriber for scattered NPR leftovers.
      "Hi, I'm Terry Gross, and welcome to the fucking show!" That's how they all start, but eventually she cools down a bit and the guests begin to relax. "My next guest is Nicholas Rapper," Mrs. NPR continues. "He writes for The Fictional Gardening, a brand new web-log that has caught the attention of the Blogmmunity."
     "Hi Terry, that's not what we call it," I respond. "Can I talk to Ira, though? He's my personal hero."
     "Mr. Nicholas Rapper, of The Fictional Gardening web-log and entertainment conglomerate, Ira is not part of NPR; his show is pro"
     "What? Welp, that sucks. Can you help me with my fantasy football league?"
     Fug, she hung up. Back to /r/gaylads I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment